03 Mar Asparagus Sausage Pasta
Posted at 15:50h in
Asparagus Sausage Pasta
What do you make when you have barely any groceries left in the house?! THIS! I just got back from being out of town and didn't have time to go grocery shopping. Thankfully I usually keep organic chicken sausages on hand and hearty veggies that stay fresh longer like bell peppers and asparagus. Combine those with some pasta and you have a quick weeknight dinner for the fam!
- 8 oz uncooked elbow pasta
- 2 diced organic pre-cooked Italian sausages
- 1/2 diced Red onion
- 1 diced orange bell pepper
- 1 lb Asparagus diced
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach or 1/2 cup frozen
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook pasta until done, drain, rinse, and pour back in pot. Add 2 tsp butter and fresh garlic.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté onion, bell pepper, and asparagus in a large pan with 1 tsp avocado oil. Cook for about 10 minutes or until veggies are browned.
- Next add sausages and all seasonings. Cook for another 5 minutes. Then add spinach and mix until wilted.
- Add the veggie/sausage mix to the pasta, stir to combine. Enjoy with a little shredded mozzarella on top or it's just as tasty without cheese.
Did you like this recipe?Do you want more? Click Here