03 Mar Bacon Broccoli Chowder
Posted at 15:50h in
Bacon Broccoli Chowder
This tasty soup is #keto friendly, fat-burning and QUICK to make.
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 diced Red onion
- 16 oz broccoli florets
- 12 oz cauliflower rice (Costco has organic frozen pre-packed cauliflower rice which is SUPER convenient…coming from someone who used to rice my own cauliflower)
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
- Add oil to a sauté pan over a medium. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, then add broccoli. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a separate pan while veggies are cooking. Once cooked, crumble and set aside until ready to add to the soup.
- Then add remaining ingredients except bacon, coconut milk and cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- At this point you can blend some of the soup if you want a thicker consistency. I use an immersion blender (LOVE these handy tools).
- Then add bacon, coconut milk and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?Do you want more? Click Here