03 Mar Broccoli Quinoa Bake
Posted at 15:50h in
Broccoli Quinoa Bake
Roasted broccoli is one of my FAVORITE ways to make broccoli. Combine that with this casserole dish and you have a super yummy dinner in just a few easy steps!!
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 sliced Red onion
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or dairy milk works too)
- 1 tsp Butter
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475, Line baking sheet with foil, add broccoli and onion, brush with 2 tsp avocado oil, and sprinkle with seasonings. Roast for 15 minutes, then mix veggies and roast for another 10 minutes until slightly browned.
- While veggies are roasting, combine quinoa and vegetable broth in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cover and let cook for about 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Add cheese and milk, stir until fully mixed, set aside until veggies are done.
- For the breaded topping, melt 1 tsp butter in a small pan, add panko bread crumbs and toast for a few minutes until slightly browned. For a little extra flavor, sprinkle with paprika
- When veggies are nice and roasted, scoop them into a casserole dish along with the quinoa mix. Stir to combine and top with toasted bread crumbs. Lower oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for about 15 minutes then enjoy!!
Did you like this recipe?Do you want more? Click Here