03 Mar Broccoli Sage Pasta with Garbanzo Beans
Posted at 15:50h in
Broccoli Sage Pasta with Garbanzo Beans
This is a GREAT recipe for the fall. FULL of so many yummy flavors that will fill you up but won’t weigh you down!
- 1 lb penne pasta (I used brown rice pasta #wheatfree #glutenfree)
- 1 lb fresh or frozen broccoli florets (organic preferred)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tbl avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 handful fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water, cook until al done, drain pasta, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 3 tablespoons avocado oil in a pan over medium heat, add onion and sauté about 5 minutes and then add broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Add garbanzo beans and seasoning and mix well. Once heated through, remove from heat and add mixture to pasta, stir to combine.
- In a separate pan, sauté garlic and sage with 1 tbl oil for about 1 minute just to infuse the oil with the yummy garlic/sage flavor. Pour infused oil over pasta (no need to strain), stir to combine. Then serve topped with Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?Do you want more? Click Here