03 Mar Broccoli Sage Pasta with Garbanzo Beans
Posted at 15:50h in
Broccoli Sage Pasta with Garbanzo Beans
In this recipe I use rice pasta which is a great wheat-free/gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta. It doesn't weigh you down the same but the consistency is still very similar to traditional wheat pasta. I have tried many other wheat-free alternatives in the past and rice pasta is my favorite.
- 1 lb Brown rice penne pasta
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil ?
- 1 handfull fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper?
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water, cook until al dente, add frozen broccoli florets to the water, cook for another minute or until heated through, drain pasta/broccoli mix, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat, add onion and sauté about 10 minutes until slightly browned. Add crushed garlic, red pepper flakes, chopped sage, and salt/pepper, sauté for another minute, then add garbanzo beans, mix well. Once heated through, remove from heat and add mixture to pasta, stir to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?Do you want more? Click Here