03 Mar Thai Peanut Shrimp
Posted at 15:50h in
Thai Peanut Shrimp
This is one of my favorite recipes!! Zucchini noodles are just fun to make to start with (and if you don’t have a vegetable spiralizer, I got mine for about $20 on Amazon OR lots of grocery stores now carry pre-spiralized zucchini in the salad section which makes this even EASIER) and the peanut sauce is AMAZING!! If you have leftover sauce, you can just dip some carrots or other veggies in it as a quick tasty snack. I use the sauce for both the shrimp and the dressing for the salad which makes this a pretty quick meal to throw together.
- 3 zucchini - spiraled
- 2 carrots thinly shaved (use a potato peeler to create thin ribbons)
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (I usually buy a bag of frozen organic shelled edamame to save time)
- 1 bell pepper - thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber – thinly sliced
- 3 green onions – chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 lb wild-caught shrimp (defrosted if frozen)
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tbs Water
- Throw all the veggies into a large bowl and stick in the fridge while you make the dressing and cook the shrimp.
- For the peanut sauce, whisk all ingredients together except the water, then stir in 1-2 tbl water to thin out the sauce until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Preheat a sauté pan, add the shrimp to the pan, then drizzle enough sauce over the shrimp to coat it. Sauté the shrimp for a few minutes until fully cooked, stirring consistently.
- Add veggies to individual serving bowls, top with the peanut sauce, stir to combine. Serve the shrimp either on top of the salad or on the side. This salad makes quite a few servings so I always just add the dressing to individual servings so your salad stays crisp longer in the fridge. Enjoy!!
Did you like this recipe?Do you want more? Click Here